Welcome to Xbox Talk!

XboxTalk is the premier Xbox One Forum and XBox One News Site
Register Now

4k patches

Discussion in 'Xbox One X' started by 99walkers, Oct 23, 2017.

1. 99walkers

99walkers n00b

When are they going to start releasing the 4k patches for our game so we can download them before we get the new console.

Any idea?

2. TeknoBlast

TeknoBlast Super Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Not sure about specific dates, but you can set the Xbox to download the 4K assets once they're available.

I think you go to Settings-->System--> and then forgot which option it is from here. It's a check box, just make sure it's marked.

That's pretty much all I know.

3. 99walkers

99walkers n00b

Yea mate set all that up. I have a feeling that they will release them when ever which will annoy me. What's the point in having a new 4k console if you have to wait for the 4k patches

4. TeknoBlast

TeknoBlast Super Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Wel supposedly even if you have an Xbox One or S model, if you select that box, it's suppose to download the 4K assets. So yeah, I agree with you. So I hope with that checkbox, the assets downloads before launch. I have a 1GB internet service, but still.

5. 99walkers

99walkers n00b

I'll be taking my xbox elsewhere to download lol. Just seems funny that even tho forza has been out for a while they haven't released the patch for it. Got a sneaky feeling we will be disappointed.

6. Aid

Aid über

Thinking the same thing. I thought Forza 7 had already downloaded the patch, the game size is around 96GB! but when you select Xbox X Enhanced games from the list there is nothing there, yet when you press both bumper buttons and start/select it seems to indicate 4K assets.

7. 99walkers

99walkers n00b

They have said they are releasing it on the day of the console (7th)

:(

8. XDonny

XDonny l337

@99walkers, they're releasing some prior to the 7th. They already did QB so I think first parties will follow soon...

9. cornwolf

cornwolf Moderator

From what I can tell, Gears Of War, Quantum Break and there was another game that has been updated with the 4K patch already. The best way to tell is look at the install size of a game. I checked last night and the two above have installs of 100GB or more. Major Nelson has a list of games no dates but what will be getting the treatment.

10. 99walkers

99walkers n00b

Ye there is more information online now about what games are getting a patch before release day. Talk about leaving it till the last minute. Still not happy forza is only releasing on the 7th

11. cornwolf

cornwolf Moderator

It's down to the developers with a lot of it but I am massively surprised with the games too looking at how many consoles MS have sent out. It's mental the amount that have gone out and not just the big usual youtubers and reviewers either.

12. 99walkers

99walkers n00b

What do you mean gone out, sold?

13. cornwolf

cornwolf Moderator

No not sold the amount Xbox appear to have sent people as review copies. They are not the Scorpio edition but they have sent load out to people.

14. 99walkers

99walkers n00b

Mmmm. I've stayed away from all types of videos relating to the new console. Just want to open the box, plug it in and find out for myself. I've purchased the scorpio edition myself

15. cornwolf

cornwolf Moderator

Yeah same here, I have just seen a lot popping up in my feed.