Welcome to Xbox Talk!

XboxTalk is the premier Xbox One Forum and XBox One News Site
Register Now

70 enhanced games for launch week?

Discussion in 'Xbox One X' started by Arnibarani, Oct 31, 2017.

1. Arnibarani

Arnibarani l337

2. Lethal_NFS

Lethal_NFS coder

Tested out the following enhanced games so far.

Dead Rising 4 - Not really noticing much of a difference though.

Rise of the Tomb Raider - Same options as the PS4 Pro. Higher frame rate mode seems unstable. Native 4K mode is my favorite.

The Witcher 3 - Looks fantastic

Gears of War 4 - Looks fantastic

Red Dead Redemption - Game never looked so good

Killer Instinct - Looks incredible.

Forza Horizon 3 - I did not see an update for the game to take advantage of the XB1X.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
  3. Aid

Aid über

I wish Skyrim was one of them

4. XDonny

XDonny l337

Thanks for the testing. Hope you'll do more games @Lethal_NFS. How do you discern the differences between enhanced and 'normal'?

5. Lethal_NFS

Lethal_NFS coder

The 3 modes to choose from are: (Rise of the Tomb Raider)
    Higher frame rate (unlocked)
    Enriched Graphics
    Native 4K

Higher frame rate is producing some odd chugging as though the game is going from 60fps down to 20fps. I jumped straight in to the area that I felt was the most demanding. It is the game with all the water, trees, and animals. There is a large waterfall you can dive off of. I forgot the name of that area.

Enriched Graphics produced massive screen tearing on the top of the screen.

Native 4K seems to work the best. Graphically it is not much different than the enriched graphics mode and the game seems to run smoothly with no tearing or chugging.

There must be a patch coming out because the PS4 Pro version does not suffer these problems. Not sure what is going on with my X but I will test it out again later today just in case my console was under extra load. Possibly downloading game patches in the background?

6. XDonny

XDonny l337

Okay, I thought maybe you had an X1 next to it and were playing and seeing the differences :p

7. Lethal_NFS

Lethal_NFS coder

I can probably do that later today. I have a standard Xbox One I can compare it to. I am sure the X version on 4K mode blows it away though.

8. RealTime

RealTime coder

Yeah I was wondering how these games compare performance wise on the X with just a 1080p and the enhanced files.