Welcome to Xbox Talk!

XboxTalk is the premier Xbox One Forum and XBox One News Site
Register Now

Atmos Speakers

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by TH3 0V3RLORD, Dec 18, 2017.

1. TH3 0V3RLORD

TH3 0V3RLORD Super Moderator Staff Member

has anyone got any Atmos speakers? Are they worth the price?

2. Morrison79

Morrison79 n00b

Please buy them and let us know :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Lethal_NFS

Lethal_NFS coder

I have Atmos running. It is incredible when you have movies or games that take advantage of Atmos. I think it is worth the price to upgrade.

4. TeknoBlast

TeknoBlast Super Moderator Staff Member

So does your Xbox have to be connected directly to the sound system or can it run from the TV?

The only sound system I have now is a sound bar with its woofer. I want to get a full blown sound system one of these days since I have the room for it. However, in my experience and know-how, I've always had my consoles connect to the TV via HDMI and then sound system/bar to TV via optical cable.

I do the TV-->sound bar set up because this allows me to use the sound bar on all my devices that's connected to the TV.

5. Lethal_NFS

Lethal_NFS coder

I am not sure really. My receiver is Atmos ready and I just have everything plugged in to that. I would think you would need an Atmos receiver to get the Atmos sound. Unless there are TV's that support it.

6. oldgamer

oldgamer #hacker

I just have a turtle beach hd set and the sound is great with that upgrade for anyone that uses headsets

7. Lethal_NFS

Lethal_NFS coder

Just watched IT (2017) last night and the Atmos sound is absolutely amazing! One of the best Atmos experiences yet. Purchased the movie from Vudu.

8. XDonny

XDonny l337

Top Poster Of Month

Yes there are TVs that support Atmos, but you're looking at high end TVs then. Last time I checked, atmos in TVs and which support it are going for a minimum of 1.5K and even then the sound isn't very good coming out of the TVs.

If you don't have a TV supporting it, you would need a receiver like @Lethal_NFS has to get the experience.

9. cornwolf

cornwolf Moderator

I have a 7.1 system via a 4K UHD Pioneer amp/receiver and I can confirm that it all sounds amazing. The Atoms app is a great way to test our your system too. Like Donny has just said some TV's do support it so if you want to run your set up that way I would advise checking the manual.