Welcome to Xbox Talk!

XboxTalk is the premier Xbox One Forum and XBox One News Site
Register Now

Brick & Mortar Stores. The Future!?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by Arnibarani, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Arnibarani

Arnibarani l337

Top Poster Of Month

How long have video game stores actually got left (and can they save themselves)? http://m.mynews.ly/!QH.HS89b http://m.mynews.ly/!QH.HS89b So how do you guys see the future ahead for Video Game stores?

2. Morrison79

Morrison79 n00b

I’d be surprised if video game Brick and mortar stores were around in 5 years. I haven’t stepped into a game stop in years. Fully digital for all my games, occasionally I’ll buy a disc if I’m just playing a campaign, but when I trade it in I do it online.

• Like Like x 1
  3. XDonny

XDonny l337

I'll be sad if they're leaving anytime soon. It's fun to walk inside a place where you know you'll likely only see gamers. That way you can nerd out with other nerds till you're Not Even Remotely Drunk but start to speak in tongues or act crazy cause ppl actually get you.

Btw this has never happend to me... =_= :p

But to answer your question Arni, they'll leave sooner rather than later

• Like Like x 1
  4. Arnibarani

Arnibarani l337

Top Poster Of Month

I unfortunately see my local store of Game going because Rotherham is a small town & 10mins down the road in the city of Sheffield is a shopping mall called Meadowhall where there’s a busier bigger store of Game. I do think with services like Game Pass out there it’s inevitably going to hit brick & mortar stores.

5. TeknoBlast

TeknoBlast Super Moderator Staff Member

Brick stores will always be around, but they'll have to adapt to the technology that comes with gaming. I enjoy going to a nice gaming store because usually they'll have something that you may not find online.

I've grown to not hate on GameStop as I have in the past because lately, they have been upping their game a bit. Also, there's some GameStop stores that offer more than gaming products. Since they have the ThinkGeek business, some of their stores are outfitted for that.

6. XDonny

XDonny l337

I read an article what B&M stores should do to stay relevant. It's like tekno said that his GS does. They need to offer up things you can't get online like game retailers have done with VR sections and other stuff like championships.

This way the community still feels a certain connection to the store.