Welcome to Xbox Talk!

XboxTalk is the premier Xbox One Forum and XBox One News Site
Register Now

Bye Bye NeoGaf

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by Arnibarani, Oct 23, 2017.

1. Arnibarani

Arnibarani l337

So according to reports NeoGaf is no more! What's people's thoughts on this?

2. TeknoBlast

TeknoBlast Super Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Thanks for trying us out Midnight. We also have a Discord channel with a few of us in it if you'd like to check it out. The link is in my sig.

I'm also a 4x ex-NeoGAF member. I actually knew about that place until I worked with this one guy that's a member, then after a few months of working with him, he was granted Mod status.

At that time, the Xbox One didnt launch yet, but it was in the works, so news about it was all out. Anyways, the mod asked me to join. When I did, I automatically knew it wasnt for me. The hate, the poison, the elitism about that board was not for me. However, for my buddy, I gave it a chance, but their hate turned me off.

So it goes without saying that I'm glad it's gone and hope it stays gone.

• Like Like x 1
  3. TeknoBlast

Top Poster Of Month

Oh yeah, that's what I started to call it too, SonyGAF.

The first time I was banned was because I would type in italics. Yes, because of a font format.

The other times because I would say positive comments about the Xbox and of course, everyone there was a Sony fan, which I dont get. If you're a Sony fan, then why is one commenting in an Xbox thread, right? From there, ugly words would be exchanged, long time Gaffers would stay and new people would be banned.

It was a terrible place. To me, feels like this huge weight off the gaming community.

4. TeknoBlast

Top Poster Of Month

Here's a couple of videos I did over the weekend. One is about Gaf going down and the other is more about promoting XboxTalk.com. Nothing fancy, but something I had to get out there.

5. Arnibarani

Arnibarani l337

I guess the problem will be that all the gaf members will join N4G ect & the toxicity will rise again!

6. Arnibarani

Arnibarani l337

• Like Like x 1
  7. RealTime

RealTime coder

And they're back...

8. TeknoBlast

Top Poster Of Month

Yeah but with all that happened, it's never going g back to their Glory days. Just a shell now.

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

9. RealTime

RealTime coder

True... I can't said I am not happy about it though...