Welcome to Xbox Talk!

XboxTalk is the premier Xbox One Forum and XBox One News Site
Register Now

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Reviews Round-up

Discussion in 'Xbox News' started by Maura, Nov 4, 2014.

1. Maura

Maura <span style="font-weight: bold; color: #6F7070">Ne

[​IMG]

As you may have noticed, a little game called Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, has graced us all with its presence today. Good evening, COD: AW, we’ve been expecting you…

As this is probably one of, if not the biggest game launches of the year, we thought a review round-up was in order, and after a general glance across the internet today, it seems that many are calling this one of the best Call of Duty games ever, especially as far as the single-player campaign is concerned.

Eurogamer’s
    Martin Robinson says that this is “easily the best entry since Modern Warfare’s ceasefire,” and “without doubt the finest Call of Duty for some years.”

For Forbes, Erik Kain says that “Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare is the best game in the series since Black Ops II as far as single-player campaigns go. It’s a far, far better game than Call of Duty: Ghosts, and far more interesting and memorable than Modern Warfare 3.”

GameSpot’s Miguel Concepcion is equally taken by the game, giving it 8 out of 10 in a very lengthy, thoughtful and detailed review, saying that “Advanced Warfare makes for a convincing foundation of futuristic yet relatable combat that is worth exploring and expanding further.” He concludes by saying that despite being predictable, “Advanced Warfare is a deluge of action-film bravado, and it’s difficult to not be carried away by its tidal forces.”

Finally, Polygon’s Arthur Giles awards the game 9 out of 10, and despite having some misgivings about the storyline, says “For whatever minor missteps Advanced Warfare makes with its story, it more than compensates with vision and remarkable execution.”

So that's what the reviews are saying, but what do you think?! Is this really the best COD game in years?

Be sure to hit up our dedicated COD: Advanced Warfare section for more discussions: http://www.xboxoneforums.net/forum/74-call-duty-advanced-warfare

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2014
  2. XDonny

XDonny l337

I haven't played it yet but seriously, ghosts was a trainwreck (no pun intended for the train that actually gets wrecked at the end of the campain) and imo BO2 really sucked. It cant be worse than those 2...
    I for one liked all mw series so yea I'm already leaning towards it being best game in at least 2 years

3. Arnibarani

Arnibarani l337

I got it yesterday but its gone away to Santa, my kids have been getting me cod for Xmas every year since MW2. I know where AW is hidden! The slow torture begins!

Last edited: Nov 4, 2014
  4. kelleys

kelleys leveled up

It is the best cod yet. The story mode is great. Was lookin forward to zombies herd it was in aw. Seen some videos about it. Must be a dlc. Xbox one needs a zombie game. Far as we care they can make a black opps 2 for xbox one and we would be happy!!!!

5. timmypowell2

timmypowell2 leveled up

I bought aw yesterday
    Went straight into multiplayer
    Bad idea
    People already on level 40
    Arse kicked royally
    Started campaign this morning
    Looks pretty good
    My problem is I have sunset overdrive And evil within to play first

6. timmypowell2

timmypowell2 leveled up

As every new game is released for xb1 I feel the urge to go and buy it
    Must stop and finish one game first before buying another

7. XDonny

XDonny l337

Buy games to play on certain times of a day! That way you can play all games on one day xD.
    I got the evil within (not played yet)/alien isolation (1 playthrough) for midnight
    Shadows of Mordor (not played yet) for mid day
    Call of Duty: AW for night

prioritise your gaming! XD

8. Arnibarani

Arnibarani l337

Thats a really good tip XDonny thanks! I've 3-4 games all coming in near enough in one shot. To play a game at a certain time of day is a good idea. I got into a tangle with Wolfenstein & Watchdogs as they came out a week apart & i never really got the best out of either game.

9. XDonny

XDonny l337

Haha [MENTION=911]1xbox[/MENTION], your welcome. At first I only did this for horrors (always play at night, unless I already got a playthrough done. Then I can play it whenever I want).
    But since this study session came in conflict with my games I have to do it this way till I got all playthroughs done... This ain't even all the games yet xD
    When I got my CoD: AW I thought: damn I got 3 limited edition games stacked on each other now that I haven't played yet/gonna play for couple of days (shadows of mordor, the evil within, cod: aw)... I actually got a lil sad when I thought that LOLZ.

BUT YES TOMORROW IS LAST DAY OF STUDY SO ALL OF YOU PRAY THAT THIS DAY GOES FAST FOR ME XD

10. dgstorm

dgstorm <span style="font-weight: bold; color: #6F7070">Ed

Great coverage Maura! Thanks!

11. kelleys

kelleys leveled up

Made it to the zombies. Its round 11 on riot after playin 200 rounds of exo survival. It last about 2 min. :(. Was very disapointed. Sure was hoping for more!!!