Welcome to Xbox Talk!

XboxTalk is the premier Xbox One Forum and XBox One News Site
Register Now

Can't connect Thrustmaster 458 steering controller.

Discussion in 'Xbox One Hardware and Accessories' started by IamKO1S, Jan 2, 2015.

1. IamKO1S

IamKO1S n00b

Just got my Xbox 1 2 days ago. I bought a Thrustmaster 458 steering wheel and connected it to a USB port and it works. When I go to Settings there is no controller shown there. The text says that nothing is connected! I am able to use it for Forza but I need to adjust sensitivity but the Xbox does not show the controller. Anyone else seen this? I am a newcomer to Xbox and would appreciate any suggestions.

2. ronniek

ronniek leveled up

I don't know if I see mine in the settings but I can navigate all menus with it. Does what it is supposed to do in forza as well. Have to adjust every time I run the forzas though

3. IamKO1S

IamKO1S n00b

Yes I can navigate menus and everything else but I can't see or adjust the settings for the Thrustmaster. When I go to settings it says there are no controllers attached.

4. ronniek

ronniek leveled up

Mine does not show. You adjust sensitivity in game. Start your game with the wheel. There are 4 sensitivity levels selected by holding 4 buttons down. The Xbox button will flash 1, 2, 3 or 4 times. Top 4 buttons. The gear paddles and Y and B altogether.

5. ronniek

ronniek leveled up

For forza 5, setting 4 for me and setting 2 or 3 for forza horizon

6. ronniek

ronniek leveled up

That's for 458 spider, the cheap wheel

7. edlow

edlow n00b

update the firmware, there is an update available from thrustmaster.com

8. IamKO1S

IamKO1S n00b

It worked! Just as you described. Thank you much!

Last edited: Jan 4, 2015
  9. IamKO1S

IamKO1S n00b

It worked! Just as you described. Thank you much!

10. Stege

Stege n00b

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]my [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Ferrari Spider Racing Wheel has a round (circular) connector which the online manual calls USB (5 on the diagram) does anyone know if there is a convertor from the circular USB to the regular USB port on the Xbox One? thx

[/FONT]

11. jrntx

jrntx n00b

We had trouble using the Spider wheel in Forza 5 on XBox One. The wheel would act like a controller perfectly fine for the menus and such, but the pedals and buttons would go wonky when the game started. The tricks we found were: boot up the Xbox with the wheel connected, start the game with the wheel. Once the game has loaded, connect a regular controller and unplug the wheel , then reconnect the wheel. Not sure if ALL of those steps are necessary, but the last trick of connecting a regular controller while in the game, then unplugging and re-plugging the wheel definitely worked.
    For our Spider wheel, mashing the 4 buttons (Y,R,both paddles) does adjust the sensitivity which is indicated by the flashing light near the Xbox button. We like 4 for Forza 5. Haven't tried other games yet, but we will! :)

12. cornwolf

cornwolf Moderator

I am not sure if this has been sorted out however there is an issue where if you are signed in with the controller it will throw the wheel out completely and wont register the wheel even if it is responding. I have this issue a lot, more so when I use the ID logon which is assigned to a controller. I have to sign out and then use the wheel to sign back in and you should be good to go.