Welcome to Xbox Talk!

XboxTalk is the premier Xbox One Forum and XBox One News Site
Register Now

Headset advice

Discussion in 'Xbox One Gaming Lairs' started by @maccabhoy12, Mar 13, 2014.

1. @maccabhoy12

@maccabhoy12 pwned

Basically i use the headset that came with my xb1 and have no problems what so ever with it.

I've seen alot of members talk about the need of proper headsets over the months.

Do they really make a difference to the gaming experience? I take it its all the game noise that comes through the headset and not just voices

What's the best value for money for someone to buy who hasn't owned a proper headset before and is unsure about if spending the money is worth it.

The reason im asking is im usually on when my young kids are in bed so being able to have the headphones on and not needing to watch the tv volume seems appealing

Last edited: Mar 13, 2014
  2. I have just had the titanfall atlas one's cant fault them sound quality and build quality are pretty dam good. Yes all sound comes through them game and chat and they have a really good noise cancelling level. I have them for the same reasons as you want them and until you use a set you dont realise how much in game sound and perception you loose just using tv sound.

3. scousetomo

scousetomo ninja

i think when you start using even a basic headset you will be blown away but quality ones give you a better in game edge aswell in fps games you hear people coming ect if i was buying a set the titan atlas can be used on pc and xbox 360 ive got tb xp500 and am waiting on a adapter

4. You raise a good point there mate that was one of my deciding factors with the atlas the fact I could use them cross platform as I pc game and still have a 360.

5. @maccabhoy12

@maccabhoy12 pwned

Thanks for the help guys

6. Arnibarani

Arnibarani l337

Like tomo says you can hear fine detail in sound, like enemy coming in fps. You feel that bit more involved in your game. I dont use mine every time. Like you i have kids & it came in handy when we banger raced last week. I muted the tv & used my headset.

Xbox Live GT acquiesce75

7. I can just see my lady standing behind me in a dead silent room, tv on mute, headsets on, talking like I'm speaking to a deaf 90 year old all super loud with her just shaking her head at me 'cause I'm probably actually being louder than the surround system being on with normal chat headset.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Xbox One Forums mobile app

8. pin8246

pin8246 l337

All I can say is I am on my fifth pair of headsets in 2 years. This last set if I would have known how much difference there was between 150$ and 300$ headsets I would have started at these and not even tried the other 4. I'm running Astro A50's now.

9. @bryanpogo

@bryanpogo über

That's right! Go Astro or go home!

GT: ANIMATE1016

10. pin8246

pin8246 l337

You seem to be like the Playstation fanboy of the headsets. Turtle Beach sucks, Astro is better. Turtle Beach aren't bad even if you have convinced yourself otherwise. There 300 dollar headsets compare the same as the Astros, just different brand.

11. @bryanpogo

@bryanpogo über

If you like listening to white noise while u game that's up to you. The build quality is **** on those turtle beaches. I've owned both brands.

12. @bryanpogo

@bryanpogo über

Since you are so up on your headset game you should know that neither brand makes a $300 headset. Your referring to the audio system. The headsets are at most $150. Sennheiser actual make some of the best. Pair one of those with a mixamp and it's really the real deal

13. @maccabhoy12

@maccabhoy12 pwned

yeah i seen the turtle beach ones going for£75 in asda. I take it there not the best but i don't think i can justify spending 100s on my 1st proper set. As im still not totally convinced a headset is a must have mostly because I've never owned or even tried gaming with a proper headset.

14. A headset is a must mate it's incredible def for games with a lot going on it'll make you feel like your on the battlefield or actually a top gun fighter pilot feeling the G's

and it's good for other reasons like not having to worry about how loud the tv is

15. remy

remy leveled up

I have turtle beach xo4 the sound is very good wouldn't be without them