Welcome to Xbox Talk!

XboxTalk is the premier Xbox One Forum and XBox One News Site
Register Now

I may have deleted my son’s account?

Discussion in 'Xbox One Hardware and Accessories' started by Rymac84, May 18, 2018.

1. Rymac84

Rymac84 n00b

hi all,

I am new on here and I live in hope that someone out there who has a lot more knowledge than I have about Xbox accounts will be able to help me out.

Recently I had a problem with my Hotmail email and from time to time I would be asked to re enter my password for my Hotmail and my outlook email accounts. Also sometimes it would prompt me for my password for my Microsoft accounts when I was trying to open or download a new app. So I logged on to my Microsoft account and it then told me that I had a child’s account, not an adult one as I would have thought. So I spent such a long time trying to change my DOB and somehow I ended up deleting my sons Xbox account from my family account. I have no idea how this happened so I just made him a new one and added it to my account but the problem is that he has a new account so he has none of his stored information and games progress etc etc.

So on the Xbox I can still see the account that he used to use but if I try to sign into it I am given an error message that says it is not an adults account and it doesn’t allow me to login.

I’m just not sure if I have deleted the full account, or if the account just needs to be added to an adults account but the next problem is that I have the gamertag but the email address that it was previously linked to now has the new gamertag I have made so I’m at the stage where I am well and truly confused as to what I have actually done and how I can get everything back to the way it was before.

I hope that has made a little bit of sense and I haven’t rambled on so much that no one understands the question I am trying to get answered.

Thank you for taking the time to look at my message and a big thank you in advance for any possible help with my problem.

Karen

2. RealTime

RealTime coder

From what I can tell you have deleted the old account and associated the new account with the old email address. You will need to contact Xbox support. Even they may not be able to help you but they are the only ones that can do anything at this point.