Welcome to Xbox Talk!

XboxTalk is the premier Xbox One Forum and XBox One News Site
Register Now

Introducing, me!

Discussion in 'Introductions & Site Assistance' started by XboxSector, Feb 22, 2016.

1. XboxSector

XboxSector n00b

Hi Guys! I'm new here, thought I'd drop an introduction thread so you can all feel like you know me as the plan is to stick around! :)

My real name is Stuart, I'm 33, married with five children. Work full time although currently on long-term unpaid leave, since late August 2015, to support my wife as she goes through treatment for Breast Cancer (so far so good, fingers crossed all stays that way!).

As the username suggests I run an Xbox fansite, recently launched, but given my history with gaming websites and the team I've got with me it's already bagged over 21,000 visitors in just over two weeks. Positive beginnings. This is pretty shameless I know, but if anyone here fancies themselves as a bit of a News Writer, or feel they'd benefit XboxSector's YouTube or Twitch channels, do get in touch - stuart@xboxsector.com ;) lol

I didn't get my Xbox One until Christmas 2014 just over a year after it's launch! Before then I'd kind of lost interest in gaming, suffered from heavy depression after my Dad passed away. All traumatic, nasty stories to be honest so we'll skip those! But I've refound the love and currently have more than 160 Xbox One titles, all digital, all I need now is the time to play them! :)

My Gamertag is anyone wants to add me is GamingDadUK.

2. XDonny

XDonny l337

Well Stuart, nice to meet you and welcome to the forum that'll change ure life . Hope you're here to stay. Five children... 5 more welcome additions to the xbox family? :p

That's very unfortunate. All the best for your wife. Hopefully the prognosis will continue to shine fortune upon her recovery.

That's not shameless at all... Except if you'd spam your recruitment on multiple threads... Which would cause your account to be uplifted... So don't do that :p. Hope your fansite will grow and grow and have a nice community like ours.

My condolences for your father. And good that you could come out of your depression. I hope it doesn't have a relapse because I know that those can really alter your life (I'm studying a branch of psychology). That gamer tag sounds familiar...

Well anyway, enjoy your stay, the rent is 5 dollars a week... Make it out 2 XDonny at bankaccount **********

Last edited: Feb 22, 2016
  3. Arnibarani

Arnibarani l337

Welcome to the forum Stuart! A very open and honest introduction! Sorry to hear you've been through a tough time in more ways than one. I'm sure your kids have helped you get through it just by being themselves!!

You'll find us all a friendly bunch on here. I just checked XboxSector, a very well put together site!! i'll be sure to check it out from time to time. My first loyalty will always be with this forum after over 2yrs membership.

4. XboxSector

XboxSector n00b

My Gamertag is familiar to many lol I get around! I used to be part of the XboxOneUK.com admin team if you're a regular there at all? Also made their website, but some **** went down and now I'm out on my own ;) lol

5. XDonny

XDonny l337

Nope, probs just sound familiar I think.

6. Genesis1953

Genesis1953 pwned

Welcome to the forums. Enjoy your stay!

7. Voodoomam

Voodoomam ├╝ber

Welcome!!

8. dgstorm

dgstorm <span style="font-weight: bold; color: #6F7070">Ed

Welcome!

9. oliviarose

oliviarose n00b

welcome stuart! glad youve joined us:)