Welcome to Xbox Talk!

XboxTalk is the premier Xbox One Forum and XBox One News Site
Register Now

Kinect Adapter

Discussion in 'Xbox One X' started by pmatos, Nov 10, 2017.

1. pmatos

pmatos n00b

Hi,

I got my Xbox One X and a Kinect but I need the adapter. It seems I can't find it anywhere in Germany. Any hints where I might order it from? Strangely it seems to show up for pre-order on amazon.co.uk.

I would like to get a few kinect games like Just Dance and Sports Rivals to play with my children.

Paulo Matos

2. XDonny

XDonny l337

Maybe MS is releasing a slimmer version or something for the X cause I can't seem to find it on the German Amazon as well. I'd say just order from UK Amazon.

3. Lethal_NFS

Lethal_NFS coder

Well......the Kinect is officially dead in Microsofts eyes so I do not see any more adapters being made. I just sold mine along with my Kinect last week. Too many cords plugged in to get the Kinect working on the S and X. It is ridiculous.

4. XDonny

XDonny l337

That's true @Lethal_NFS, but you never know. MS has done roundabouts more times this generation than... uhm... a caroussel with a drunk operator handling it for a minute :p

• Like Like x 1
  5. TeknoBlast

TeknoBlast Super Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

I have my Kinect disconnected for now. Like @Lethal_NFS said, too many wires to deal with. However, I'm keeping my adapter and Kinect.

6. RealTime

RealTime coder

USB hub... Easy peasy

7. Lethal_NFS

Lethal_NFS coder

Sure, another thing to add to the mess of cables already needed to hook the kinect to the S and X....

Although the Kinect is not USB..

8. RealTime

RealTime coder

I thought the Kinect adapter was.

9. Lethal_NFS

Lethal_NFS coder

Kinect has it's own proprietary port. The Kinect needs to be powered by the console and since that port does not exist on the S and X. The Kinect now has it's own power supply. Too many cables for me to play Fruit Ninja

[​IMG]

10. TeknoBlast

TeknoBlast Super Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

That's actually a nice pretty picture but in reality, it's a huge wire mess when it's all hooked up!

11. RealTime

RealTime coder

Two words...Cable management lol

12. Lethal_NFS

Lethal_NFS coder

You are right. These cables are also thick as hell