Welcome to Xbox Talk!

XboxTalk is the premier Xbox One Forum and XBox One News Site
Register Now

Microsoft Has Killed Kinect for Xbox One

Discussion in 'Xbox One Hardware and Accessories' started by TeknoBlast, Oct 25, 2017.

1. TeknoBlast

TeknoBlast Super Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

337275_scr1_a.png

It's unfortunate that the Kinect wasnt embraced by the masses. The Kinect is one fine accessory for the Xbox One, but people didnt think voice commands wasnt important and not having games for it really helped on the demise of it.

If you're one of the fortunate ones that still own one, you may have a collector's item in your hands.

https://www.windowscentral.com/microsoft-kills-kinect-ending-production-xbox-one

2. RealTime

RealTime coder

Pour one out...

3. TH3 0V3RLORD

TH3 0V3RLORD Super Moderator Staff Member

It's a shame. I still have and use mine.

4. Balchers

Balchers #hacker

I have mine and loved using it, voices commands worked a treat. However in the last but one update it just stopped working all together? It was fine up until the update, no signs of it playing up, might be just a coincidence that it broke and had nothing to do with the update? I haven't had a chance to see if I can fix it yet.

5. Arnibarani

Arnibarani l337

I use mine daily since... Day One 2013. Early adopters open to innovation shafted once again!

6. oldgamer

oldgamer #hacker

did know whre to go when i own 2 xboxones can ijust keep both signed to me and use both at once

7. XDonny

XDonny l337

Sweet dreams my non responding creeper... you shall be missed... even tho your still on my tv...

8. pmatos

pmatos n00b

What will happen to games like Just Dance?

9. XDonny

XDonny l337

They will just dance of into the sunset. But no, there are still devs making Kinect enabled games and the peripheral will still get support from MS. It's still an intricate part of the X1 OS.