Welcome to Xbox Talk!

XboxTalk is the premier Xbox One Forum and XBox One News Site
Register Now

Need more storage...so many games!!!

Discussion in 'Xbox One Hardware and Accessories' started by IraqCombatVet, Sep 15, 2015.

Tags:
  1. IraqCombatVet

IraqCombatVet leveled up

So it's started. I'm overwhelmed with games. I own a Day One Edition Xbox One/PS4, and I own a Wii U and gaming laptop and my backlog for just this generation of games is ridiculous.

I don't think anyone can say that there are no games in the current gen. But it seems that the Xbox One is going to get slammed this holiday season not to mention the games that have already released! And I'm wondering how many of you plan on adding to your Xbox One storage and how long did it take you to fill the standard 500GB hard drive on your Xbox One.

1. Gears Ultimate Edition
    2. Forza 6
    3. Halo 5
    4. Fallout 4
    5. Battlefront
    6. Rise of the Tomb Raider
    7, Just Cause 3
    8. Cuphead
    9. Metal Gear Solid V
    10. Sunset Overdrive
    11. Peggle 2
    12. Forza Horizon 2
    13. Halo MCC
    14. Batman AK
    15, Mad Max
    16. Destiny The Taken King
    17. Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor
    18. Dragon Age: Inquisition
    19. Witcher 3

And sooooooo much more! I didn't even bother listing 2016 games and Xbox 360 backwards compatibilty because...I just....my god. I'm going to need a lot of storage space and at least 5 more jobs : (

Long live gaming!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Sep 15, 2015
  2. Morrison

Morrison ace

I just bought the Wd 1.5tb HD tonight. $59 delivered through newegg. Got tired of deleting games and reinstalling them.

3. TeknoBlast

TeknoBlast Super Moderator Staff Member

I have a 2TB portable drive and I still have a long ways to fill it up and my internal 500GB is pretty much empty. I have around 43 games.

4. pin8246

pin8246 l337

Over 40 games on a Forza 6 console with a 1TB and 4TB external. Right under 3.5TB left between the two storages.

5. Morrison

Morrison ace

How much does the OS take up on the HD space?

6. TeknoBlast

TeknoBlast Super Moderator Staff Member

From what I can remember, I think from a 500GB drive, the OS takes up around 120-130GB.

7. jkelley

jkelley n00b

I bought a 3tb drive. I have like 65 games on it and i still have 2 tb left with the 500 g that comes with the box. But im sure ill drain most of that when the reverce comes in november

8. watyegotlyk

watyegotlyk coder

I've started downloading the free games then uninstalling them meaning they are always there when you get more storage to re download

9. IraqCombatVet

IraqCombatVet leveled up

Exactly! I hate having to delete my games to make room for new ones. Because what always happens is at some point, I have a sudden urge to play a game, go to look for it and it's deleted and I just sit there comtenplating on downloading it again. And if I do want to download it...I have to delete other games!!! It's a vicious cycle. : )

That's one big advantage the Xbox One has over PS4. That you can use external hard drives and don't have to replace the internal hard drive on Xbox One.

10. IraqCombatVet

IraqCombatVet leveled up

That's awesome. I'm thinking of getting a 3TB external HD.

11. jkelley

jkelley n00b

I got mine when gamestop first got it. I was the first around to get it. I received mine a week befor they released the kid wasnt spoce to sell it but since ive purchased 4 boxes and almost all games by 4s he let me have it lol. But anyway i payed 125$ for it. And it was def a great investment.

12. IraqCombatVet

IraqCombatVet leveled up

Yeah, I really like that feature!

13. elmo

elmo #hacker

I'm doing that with the 360 games for BC

14. IraqCombatVet

IraqCombatVet leveled up

Really looking forward to BC. I want to play Lost Odyssey again and Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 if both those games come eventually.