Welcome to Xbox Talk!

XboxTalk is the premier Xbox One Forum and XBox One News Site
Register Now

New Update Preview Incoming

Discussion in 'Xbox One Chat' started by Vinylspinners, Mar 17, 2014.

1. ​More improvements on the way starting the next few days:

What to expect in this update preview

For those of you that participated in last month’s (1403) update preview, this preview wave will be a little different:

• The 1404 update preview will run a bit longer than the 1403 preview. As a result, not all of the features listed below will be available in the first 1404 update. Some features will be enabled in 1404 updates that are rolled out later in the preview.
    • Some of the features listed below will be enabled outside of a console update. Keep an eye on the forums for announcements and information on when new features are made available.
    What’s new in this release?

• Game and app saves and updates. A game save progress bar will show you the status of your game saves. You will also be able to easily tell what games and apps are being updated or have been updated recently.
    • Friends improvements. Notifications will be added to see when favorites and friends sign in to Xbox Live. This actually was one of the most frequently requested features from the first preview wave and we made it a priority to include it in the April update. Also, friends who are in multiplayer will be identified in the friends list. We’ll also add the ability to view friends’ most popular apps.
    • Blu-ray 50 Hz video output support for content recorded at 50 Hz will resolve video playback issues some Xbox Live members in Europe are experiencing.
    • Kinect voice and motion improvements will continue to fine tune the quality and reliability of Xbox One commands.
    • Improved GameDVR video quality through compression algorithm improvements.
    • Updates to Xbox One device management to address issues controlling TVs, set top boxes, and receivers that our customers have reported.
    • New audio settings to tune how much volume is lowered when Kinect is used in communications.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2014
  2. azraelomega

azraelomega SEAL

w00t

3. pin8246

pin8246 l337

Good news, but still doesn't contain what I want. Oh well, just a little more waiting for me.

4. BlackBox

BlackBox ninja

Hope I get this one too!

PSA: an hour with Xbox One is an hour well spent.

This message was approved and sponsored by BlackBox.

5. XDonny

XDonny l337

Lolz every update is welcome ^^ but I still want themes :( preferably my old theme xD

The world needs animes, games, horror and food 2 keep me happy!

6. cornwolf

cornwolf Moderator

Sound good I got a message this morning to say that it was coming. Do you know if this will stop multiplayer play if you get the beta?

7. I wouldn't say so Wolfie since there is nothing here that's affects the party/mp situation.

There's only this: ''friends who are in multiplayer will be identified in the friends list'', but that's more of a read out than anything else.

8. cornwolf

cornwolf Moderator

Sounds good mate. I will have to see.

9. I'm interested in the game dvr improvements, that would be a nice little step forward.

10. Huckleberry

Huckleberry #hacker

I can't wait until they unleash DirectX 12. Eagerly awaiting march 20th.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Xbox One Forums mobile app

11. I think that's the reveal/talk from MS on dx12, it won't come until much later though. They are going to demonstrate cloud and how it can empower the X1 and talk of AR tech(just a story right now, now frame for reveal), ie some kind of headset/glasses.
    Haven't checked for news out of GDC yet but truly I'm more interested in the game ID@Xbox games they're showing.

12. Huckleberry

Huckleberry #hacker

Do you think think they will reveal fortaleza and that's why Sony dropped theres yesterday . They said they will be announceing DirectX12 at GDC.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Xbox One Forums mobile app

13. pin8246

pin8246 l337

Yea I heard they were talking about it DirectX 12 on the 20th which is tomorrow. Supposedly starts at 10 a.m. or something like that.

14. Huckleberry

Huckleberry #hacker

I just can't wait i have been looking a lot into the directx 12 whether they are just saying something or releasing it . What I have found is with every one saying ixb1 was released to early and **** , well it was Microsoft didn't want play station to get that big of a jump on them so they released early and that even though we have directx 11.2 that they built the xb1 to run on directx 12 . So ps4 saying it is more powerful means nothing . they have to have it to create next gen . Were Microsoft built xb1 for directx12 so it don't have to have that amount of power to create the same and more. And in order for ps4 to up grade it directx11.2 and mantle is to 12 is to get a new gpu. . That is plobly the main reason Microsoft didn't make a big deal about all the **** being said about 1080. They had a secret. Now it possible ps can use part of 12 but don't know . I also don't know if any of this is true or not . What I do know is it sounds right and I hope we find out tomorrow .

15. Neeb

Neeb leveled up

My box updated today when I switched it on, had trouble starting any games so did a hard restart and all is fine or so it appears, at least with this update preview you can join chat/games with people that are still on the old varient.