Welcome to Xbox Talk!

XboxTalk is the premier Xbox One Forum and XBox One News Site
Register Now

Next Assassin’s Creed to be Set in Egypt

Discussion in 'Xbox News' started by Maura, Jan 6, 2016.

1. Maura

Maura <span style="font-weight: bold; color: #6F7070">Ne

[​IMG]

Kotaku reports on new rumours that Ubisoft has made some big decisions about the Assassin’s Creed franchise, the most major of which is that there will be no big Assassin’s Creed game in 2016, but the series will return in 2017, with the next game being set in Egypt. This would be the first year since 2009 that there has not been a big new Assassin’s Creed release.

Kotaku says that it has heard from sources that the 2017 game will be set in Egypt, and currently has the code name “Empire.” The decision to skip the traditional yearly release cycle was apparently made following on from the relatively unfavourable reception for Assassin’s Creed: Unity in 2014, in order to give the development team more time to perfect the game. If it works well, then a two-yearly release schedule could become the norm for Assassin’s Creed games in future.

Clearly Ubisoft is already back on track as far as Assassin’s Creed is concerned, as Unity’s follow-up, Assassin’s Creed: Syndicate has actually been a great success, with both critics and fans alike hailing it as a return to form for the franchise.

Source: Sources: Next Big Assassin's Creed Set In Egypt, Skipping 2016 As Part of Possible Series Slowdown

2. I'm glad their taking a year off. Some serious fatigue starting to set in. Just wish some other titles would do the same.

3. TH3 0V3RLORD

TH3 0V3RLORD Super Moderator Staff Member

I really like the franchise and played them all except unity as it was dull. Loved syndicate. I might force myself to finish unity as its a shame to skip one.
    But on subject a years gap is great news. Even though I didn't get any bugs on syndicate.