Welcome to Xbox Talk!

XboxTalk is the premier Xbox One Forum and XBox One News Site
Register Now

No Dead Space Anymore...!?

Discussion in 'Xbox One Chat' started by XDonny, Oct 18, 2017.

1. XDonny

XDonny l337

I'll just say it so I got it off my chest. "I &$@#*; knew it would end badly for Visceral Games to work on a Star Wars game". Why did I had to be right!

First they worked on Battlefield Hardline, then BF1 (if I'm correct) and now they were working on yet another shooter instead of the games they were renowned for. Horror games!

If you thought "which dev team was Visceral Games?", lemme tell you. They brought us games like Dante's Inferno, Dead Space 1 and 2, and with interference from EA the triggerhappy Dead Space 3. Check out their other games.

But what has happend. EA has disbanded the Studio because EA wants to go a different direction with one of their damned Star Wars games >.>.

I'll just post one article but there are alot by now...
    https://www.google.nl/amp/s/www.engadget.com/amp/2017/10/17/ea-shuts-down-visceral-games/

First EA lets them make a game they didn't want and which was mediocre by all accounts (DS3), then they put them on games which isn't the Studio's forté but they delivered well, while they could make a good horror and now they take away any good DS sequel and further horror games. Why the injustice!!! :mad:

2. TeknoBlast

TeknoBlast Super Moderator Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

My hopes for a new set of Dead Space is all gone now. :(

3. qOjOp

qOjOp leveled up

I'm all depressed and utter disappointed.
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :(

4. TeknoBlast

Top Poster Of Month

I started playing Dead Space last night. Such a great game. Unfortunate we may never see another again.

5. TeknoBlast

Top Poster Of Month

I started playing Dead Space last night. Such a great game. Unfortunate we may never see another again.

6. RealTime

RealTime coder

Nah...You still have 2 and 3 to play. lol

7. XDonny

XDonny l337

Wr shall not speak about three... that is just a three year old. The fun part is being a baby's over and now you gotta deal with it... xD

8. Kamehameha

Kamehameha über

I still want to play Dante’s Inferno. Hopefully it’ll come via BC some day. I thought the Dead Space games were pretty great, but I never finished 3. You never know what can happen, though. For instance, I never thought we would see a new Crash Bandicoot game and yet after the remaster’s release it’s a very real possibility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. XDonny

XDonny l337

@Kamehameha not the same. Crash is a mascot of 90's PS. I knew they'd eventually do something with it. And Naughty Dog still exists, so the IP's safe. Plus CB is one of the games that made the PS1/2 great and favorable for a wider audience to play which translates to more money. It made them more money.

Dead Space was 'owned' under a subsidiary of EA, Visceral Games. The rights are back in EA's pocket. If we do not know EA already, the bare minimum of what we know is that they really, really care about money. Sometimes it doesn't even look like they just want to make money to stay afloat, but actually want to line their pockets.
    Dead Space 3 hasn't hit their selling goal by a long shot and as good as the franchise is, it never would. How can a company expect a horror game that's not a long standing juggernaut to sell the same amount of games as the latest Resident Evil (even if that came out later but you get the point). Even RE7 just (like last month after months of garnering sales) got to it's 5 million copies sold and that's cause the game was a fresh restart for the franchise. DS3 was not that.
    DS3 was an EA crowdpleaser to appeal to as many gamers who wanted to experience the DS lore, without really getting scared and just shoot at necromorphs. Well not many ppl liked it and the DS community was appalled by what the outcome was. It was a good game by all accounts, but it was not a horror game, so the DS community got together and complained alot, go us! XD.

Throughout the process and after Visceral Games even said that they were forced by EA to make the game more appealing to more gamers and that they didn't want to make this game. That's saying alot about a close dev team. It was just like Microsoft's Lionhead who didn't want to make Fable Heroes and already had a project they wanted to make but MS basically said, where's the profit in that?

Our response from EA was basically: The game didn't sell as well as we liked, but we are committed to the DS community. We'd like to pursue the franchise further somewhere in the future.
    In EA terms that means: Screw you guys, we're either gonna make you ppl a very long time until the game brings up nostalgia before we (re)release a game or we're never going back to it.

Lolz rant over. Sorry, I get real passionate when talking about this game :p