Welcome to Xbox Talk!

XboxTalk is the premier Xbox One Forum and XBox One News Site
Register Now

[OFFICIAL] Problems and Solutions

Discussion in 'Xbox One Hardware and Accessories' started by cereal killer, Nov 22, 2013.

1. cereal killer

cereal killer Admin Team

As with any new piece of hardware, problems and issues will arise. If you found a problem/issue/glitch and have the solution please post it in this thread. This will keep the forums clear of duplicate threads asking the same question(s) and be a one stop shop for Xbox One solutions. Thank you....

2. TeknoBlast

TeknoBlast Super Moderator Staff Member

If your controller doesnt sync out of the box, press the sync button the left side of the console and the little round button on the controller that's located by the left shoulder button.

3. tidefunk33

tidefunk33 n00b

For some reason my kinect camera will not turn on this morning. Is anyone having this issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Xbox One Forums mobile app

4. Ghettobean

Ghettobean SEAL

My day one edition controller feels poorly made. The sides don't sit flush, tapping it sounds really hollow and plasticy and my left trigger has a click to it like there's a piece of plastic catching on it. My spare pad on the other hand is perfecto

5. scousetomo

scousetomo ninja

My day one edition pad the b button doesnt work but my spare is perfect im getting it replaced but it would be horrible if I never had the spare I think this is a great thread :)

6. killerTide29

killerTide29 n00b

same here the lttle clicking sound probably nothing to worry about but somt hing to keep am eye on just like disc drive problem as long as u dont shuve the disc in it will take my only probem is the kinect and im wondering if u have to keep xbox on to watch tv using the voice comands? and is the command xbox watch espn supposed to actually change the channel or pull up a guide HELP

7. killerTide29

killerTide29 n00b

so i should get the remote replased it sound more like a short than anything

8. Wutang

Wutang n00b

I run my cable box through the xbox one. Last night it worked great but today the tv constantly freezes and is unwatchable. What the hell is going on with it?

9. Boolair

Boolair n00b

This is what I did, I replaced the stock HDMI cable that came with the XBOX ONE with a known good cable from Monster.

I am setup by HDMI Cables: Cable into the cable box out to XBOX ONE out to Pioneer Receiver ut to HDTV

10. Wutang

Wutang n00b

I am using hdmi cables as well. They should work without spending $50/cable!

11. Boolair

Boolair n00b

This is what I did: I unplugged the power adapter from the wall and the XBOX ONE; I reset the connection for the Kinect sensor, and then I went into settings and setup Kinect sensor from scratch. Turn your volume up hi on the TV during setup. Then return to normal listening after set up is complete.

I switched out the stock HDMI cable that came with the XBOX ONE with a known good cable from Monster. It eliminated a lot of screen flickering an static interference

I am setup by HDMI Cables: Cable into the cable box out to XBOX ONE out to Pioneer Receiver out to HDTV

Last edited: Nov 23, 2013
  12. Boolair

Boolair n00b

I trust in a more expensive $100.00 monster cable which already had used on my old 360. It won't hurt to try a different cable

13. Boolair

Boolair n00b

If you are having issues with your Xbox One Disc Drive I recommend first try running the console upside down as this has corrected the issue in some cases (seems to be a loose part that needs shifting out of the way or something).

14. Boolair

Boolair n00b

XB1 trouble issues connecting to internet and getting the MANDATORY PATCH.
    If you do not get online and get the patch you will have a BRICK. this is not a joke. There is an advantage to having a console that is always on!! Eventually they can (not in all cases) fix themselves eventually.

15. With HDMI the brand doesn't matter it's on or off bad cables will "sparkle"