Welcome to Xbox Talk!

XboxTalk is the premier Xbox One Forum and XBox One News Site
Register Now

Opinions on a XB1X with a 1080p TV please?

Discussion in 'Xbox One X' started by Balchers, Nov 15, 2017.

1. Balchers

Balchers #hacker

Hi,

I am thinking about buying a Xbox One X this Christmas to replace my launch Xbox One console. I have a 1080p LED TV and I am not planning on buying another TV anytime soon as mine is really good. I am sure this question has been asked many times, but will I see any benefit with the XB1X on my TV please? I didn't want to spend £450 if the difference is going to marginal.

Thanks

2. TeknoBlast

TeknoBlast Super Moderator Staff Member

I'm going off the information that Xbox and its heads have said. Even if you dont have a 4K TV, 1080 display owners will also benefit from the extra power.

Here's a pretty good article specifically for 1080p display owners.

https://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-one-x-supersampling

3. Lethal_NFS

Lethal_NFS coder

I honestly see no reason for anyone to buy the One S over the One X if they are going to buy a new Xbox console. Even if you do not currently have a 4K TV, it is smarter to purchase the better console because almost everyone will have a 4K TV within the next few years.

And the fact that the X still offers better performance on 1080p displays.

4. Balchers

Balchers #hacker

Thanks TeknoBlast, I will have a look tonight after work

Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
  5. Balchers

Balchers #hacker

Yes, that's good advice - to be honest I think I might have no choice but to buy one. My Xbox has started to flash yellow from the sides in COD WWII MP, the Kinect stopped working and the Xbox remote doesn't fully respond on all of the buttons. Although that might be Kinect linked? So I've got a feeling my console might be on its way out!

6. Balchers

Balchers #hacker

I read the article and it seems like there is a benefit for gamers who don't own 4K HDR TV's. I am going to have a look again around Christmas time for deals with other games and perhaps get one.

Does the XB1X use a lot more storage? I currently use a 2Tb external drive with my Xbox which is getting full. Will this be enough to with the XB1X?

7. Lethal_NFS

Lethal_NFS coder

[QUOTE="Balchers,
    Does the XB1X use a lot more storage? I currently use a 2Tb external drive with my Xbox which is getting full. Will this be enough to with the XB1X?[/QUOTE]

That should be fine. The Xbox One X has 1TB internal. I also use a 2TB external hard drive and so far I have still have plenty of space. I have probably 15 games installed right now which add up to about 1TB. Maybe a little less

8. Balchers

Balchers #hacker

Thank you, that should be more than enough for me then. I have quite a few games, not sure how many, but from what you are saying I will be ok for storage.

9. oldgamer

oldgamer #hacker

my friend does not not have 4k and he said he said he noticed the difference with the new xbox

10. Lethal_NFS

Lethal_NFS coder

Yes you will be fine storage wise. If all games were 50gb in size (which they are not) you could install roughly 60 games. Since many games are less than 50gb, you are actually looking at a number closer to 80-100 games. That is with 3TB of total storage space.

11. XDonny

XDonny l337

I don't really see the difference, but then again I have not compared the two systems. Games look good on my TV and I don't really check for pixels. I just wanted a more powerful console so that's why I bought it. But you should definitely buy the X, since you know you want it!

12. oldgamer

oldgamer #hacker

what is better 2160 or 1080I

13. XDonny

XDonny l337

1080 if you had weapons of 2160... you'd literally rule the world

14. Lethal_NFS

Lethal_NFS coder

interlaced is never better. 720p is better than 1080i

Well, I guess if I would choose 1080i over anything 540p and lower.