Welcome to Xbox Talk!

XboxTalk is the premier Xbox One Forum and XBox One News Site
Register Now

Scorpio Price range guess

Discussion in 'Competition Lounge' started by XDonny, Apr 9, 2017.

1. XDonny

XDonny l337

Okay so last week we got to enjoy the spec sheet of Scorpio and some in depth coverage by Digital Foundry.

In the wake of this the whole gaming community has been awoken it seems. I've seen a lot of talk about the console and how it stacks to PS4 pro and even the Switch (for some reason...)

There's two things we don't know yet that are almost synonymous with the spec sheet it seems; the looks and price.

This thread is bout the price. We've all seen the articles. 'Scorpio should be no more than $599 to sell well', 'Anything more than $499 and the price gap with PS4 Pro will be too big to close the console sales gap' and so on.

I thought, lemme get to the competition lounge and start a competition of how much you think the console will retail for.

Rules are:

1) you may only have a range of $50
    2) you may change your price point until the price is actually revealed/leaked
    3) you may state your decisionmakings

Let the games begin. Let's see how competitive you guys are

2. Arnibarani

Arnibarani l337

£400/450 A years wait & now knowing that they've used Jaguar (but not as we know it) & some in house customisation, have kept some costs down. The One S 500gb is around £200-250 with a game. Scorpio being a premium product being twice the price is about fair. Also they need to stay somewhere near to the PS4 Pro.

3. moonrat

moonrat SEAL

I'm basically going to steal 1xbox's answer because I think it's about right.

So I will guess 399.99 - 449.99

EDIT I'm taking it as a given that Donny is buying one for the person with the closest guess. What a guy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
  4. Morrison

Morrison ace

$650-700

Are we talking about the cheapest one available? If so I would say $550.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
  5. moonrat

moonrat SEAL

I hope you are wrong sir, but fear you may be right (I know what I guessed).

It would appear the Scorpio is not here for Microsoft to win this generations console war, its simply Microsoft flexing their muscles to show Sony they have some of the best engineers in the world.

Who knows maybe they will offer a fabulous exchange program for upgrading

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Lethal_NFS

Lethal_NFS coder

$499.99 - $549.99

7. XDonny

XDonny l337

I'm also like [MENTION=5587]Morrison[/MENTION] in the 650-700 dollar/euro range and probs 500-550 pound range xD.

Reasons...

1) the scorpio will directly compete with mid range gaming rigs. Despite that, it won't have the same price tag. I dunno if he spoke of beginning mid range prices or not, but beginning mid range price starts at 750-800 bucks.

2) premium product. Premium things are expensive. Just look at the elite controller. 150 bucks. I can't imagine the Scorpio being less than 4 times that amount. That's just a guess.

3) it won't compete with the PS4 Pro and therefore it doesn't need to have a similar price tag to match that thing. It's like [MENTION=3781]moonrat[/MENTION] says: it's MS flexing their engineering muscles while dealing stress and PTSD that makes it see it's girlfriend... wait srry, that's Isaac Clarke from Dead Space (had to do it because of the Engineering) xD. But yea read moonrat's comment

4) I see this as seperate, but it's not a device that's supposed to close the salesgap between ps4 and xbox one! The salesgap will frankly not close this generation. It might get tighter, but unless sony just bombs everything and MS uplifts everything, I don't see the gap closing.

5) I can still go on if I want, just tell mi if you want me to xD

8. TeknoBlast

TeknoBlast Super Moderator Staff Member

$449-499

9. Sorethumbed

Sorethumbed #hacker

I'm sticking with my 499 posted ages ago.

10. Yamlsfer

Yamlsfer n00b

Nice , thanks for your infor , this is very helpfull for us