Welcome to Xbox Talk!

XboxTalk is the premier Xbox One Forum and XBox One News Site
Register Now

Sign in error code 0x80048883?

Discussion in 'Xbox One Accessories' started by Balchers, Jan 22, 2014.

1. Balchers

Balchers #hacker

Is anyone having the following problem signing in tonight 22nd Jan?

When I started up it said could not sign in with the controller. After getting to the home screen I then tried to sign in but got the following message;

There was a problem
    We could not sign you in. Try again in a few minutes, or check your account by signing in to account.live.com. Sign in 0x80048883

Is this a live issue? Or my Xbox One bust?

2. Drunkenkebab

Drunkenkebab n00b

I got exact same error code I think it does av some fin to do wiv live?

3. Balchers

Balchers #hacker

Yes. Just checked the official MS web site and there is a service error with signing in. Which they are trying to fix.

Does this mean that we cant play our games because they cant sign in?

4. spawn

spawn leveled up

i've same problem,a lot of people have the same we'll just have to wait

5. spawn

spawn leveled up

NEWS:

[h=1]Xbox Live Status[/h] [h=2]Services[/h] [​IMG] [h=3]Xbox Live Core ServicesLimited[/h] Affected platforms:

• [​IMG]
      Xbox One
    Affected services:

• Signing into Xbox Live
    22/01/2014 23:03:02 GMT:
    If you were running into issues when you tried to sign in to Xbox Live, then we have good news! Our awesome team of engineers has mitigated the issue and the entire Live network is ready and waiting for you. Have fun!

6. Balchers

Balchers #hacker

I haven't tried to sign in since last night and off to work in a minute....Is it working as normal now?

I checked the MS web site this morning ad there were no service issues listed, so I am assuming they fixed it? Would be interesting to know what caused this problem.

7. xluier

xluier n00b

8. TheMadKing

TheMadKing n00b

Had same issue on 3/16/2014, day of Titanfall's release. Fixed issue by
    renaming my console in settings and then restarting it. Everything is working fine now.

9. MrBukey

MrBukey leveled up

It's not the 16th March yet... And this isn't the fix. The issue was with Xbox Live's Core Services for Xbox One - it was fixed by 2:41am GMT/UTC 12 March. If you just got your date mixed up and this "fixed" your issue, then looking at the timestamp of your post (6:08am GMT - almost 4 hours after the fix) it is likely that the restart (after MS fixed the central issue) is what actually allowed you to sign in rather than re-naming your console.

If you have this problem in future, and come to this thread for a solution - what TheMadKing suggests is likely NOT to be the fix. On this occasion it was down to Microsoft to fix centrally. In the first instance, please check-out the Xbox status page at:
    Xbox Live Status - Xbox.com