Welcome to Xbox Talk!

XboxTalk is the premier Xbox One Forum and XBox One News Site
Register Now

Some Xbox One X footage I recorded

Discussion in 'Xbox One X' started by Lethal_NFS, Nov 23, 2017.

1. Lethal_NFS

Lethal_NFS coder

Man this One X is impressing me more and more. I love how I can hook up an external storage device and record 4K with HDR straight to the device. Unfortunately you can not edit any 4K videos larger than 30 seconds, but this is okay since you can easily plug the external device to the PC and edit the videos that way.

Here are some videos I recorded from the Xbox One X console itself. Videos are best if watched on a 4K display that supports HDR. Phones like the Note 8 and S8 support 4K and HDR.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Arnibarani

Arnibarani l337

Top Poster Of Month

Re running Gears 4 campaign myself alongside assassins creed origins. Can’t wait to try Halo 5. In 4K splendour!

3. TeknoBlast

TeknoBlast Super Moderator Staff Member

I just realized you can do that with an external HD.....set it as a media only drive for 4K content. I have a 128GB SSD that I'm now using for 4K content. This makes it so much easier to bring over to my PC.

I may have to make a video of this. :)

4. Lethal_NFS

Lethal_NFS coder

Yep. External is required to record any 4K content longer than 30 seconds. It's a great option. I wish Sony would add this to the Pro. I hate that my videos are limited to 1080p.

5. cornwolf

cornwolf Moderator

How long does it allow you to record then? Also Dead Rising 4 worth it? Might download it off game pass.

6. Lethal_NFS

Lethal_NFS coder

If you do not have an external storage device, you are limited to just 30 seconds of 4K recording. If you do have an external storage device, you can record up to 1 hour I believe. And it does record 4K and HDR.

However, if you record to an external device you will have to copy the file to your PC if you wish to upload it to YouTube, ect.

And I love Dead Rising 4. I think it is very much worth playing.

7. TeknoBlast

Also, this is a separate external HD for video clips and screenshots only. This will not work with the HD that you have now for game storage.

In all, you'll have two external HDs, one for game storage and one for videos/screenshots.

After you add in the second HD, you have to go into Settings and specify that new HD for videos.

8. Lethal_NFS

Lethal_NFS coder

Correct. The external storage needs to be formatted in NTSF format. So you will need to do that on your PC first if it is not already in that format.

• Like Like x 1
  9. TeknoBlast

• Like Like x 1