Welcome to Xbox Talk!

XboxTalk is the premier Xbox One Forum and XBox One News Site
Register Now

Storage ??

Discussion in 'Xbox One Hardware and Accessories' started by tekrsq, Oct 3, 2019.

1. tekrsq

tekrsq n00b

New here, and noticed all the info on storage is old, so I'm hoping there is new info out there.

I would love to set up a network drive on my home network so both my son and I couls store our games, but apparently that's not possible.

So, I guess my next question is: Can we share an external drive and use it between 2 machines ? He has an Xbox One S, and I have an X. Could an external drive be setup so that he can store his games, and use them on his console AND I can store my games on it to use on my console ? Even better would be if we could share each others games, but I know that's not possible. Also, could we leave that drive attached to one machine, and still be able to access it from the other machine ? I can see his machine on mine, like another drive.

Any suggestions?

2. Brassbuttons

Brassbuttons n00b

Game sharing is possible, but depends on how your Xbox Live Gold is set up. For example, if both you and your son have Xbox Live Gold accounts (i.e. you pay for two separate yearly subscriptions), then you would assign your Xbox One X as your sons ‘Home Xbox’ and his Xbox One S as your ‘Home Xbox’.

This allows you to log into the Xbox one X using your Xbox Live account and have access to your entire library, anything that is stored on the Xbox One X, as well as any games that were purchased using your sons Xbox Live account, since the Xbox One X is set up as your sons ‘Home Xbox’. The same holds true for your sons Xbox One S, which would be set as your ‘Home Xbox’.

There are many articles that explain this in mor detail. Here is a good one for example

https://www.ubergizmo.com/how-to/gameshare-xbox-one/

As for your question regarding sharing external storage, I’m not entirely sure. I hope this helps with, at least, part of your question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  3. tekrsq

tekrsq n00b

Wow. Ok. That helped a lot, because I would have never thought it had to be that way. Thanks for the info !!!!!!