Welcome to Xbox Talk!

XboxTalk is the premier Xbox One Forum and XBox One News Site
Register Now

suitable for a 12 year old?

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare' started by oliviarose, Jan 28, 2016.

1. oliviarose

oliviarose n00b

my nephews birthday is coming up in a few months and always get him games for his xbox. but hes turning 12 and i was wondering if this would be a suitable game for his age? any advice?

2. TeknoBlast

TeknoBlast Super Moderator Staff Member

Just depends what he's into.

I did a search in Best Buy and here are some that came up for around his age.

Racing Games
    Forza 6
    Project Cars
    Ride (Motorcycles)
    F1 2015
    The Crew

Sports
    Madden
    NHL
    FIFA or PES 2016
    NBA 2K15
    WWE

Shooter
    Star Wars Battlefront
    Halo 5

Fighting
    Transformers Devastation

Adventures
    Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
    The Book of Unwritten Tales

3. KevinJS

KevinJS Super Moderator

I just asked my 12 year old for his opinion. He says he doesn't think it is suitable, and he got rid of it because he didn't like it!!

Apparently 12 year olds are more into the Black Ops series.

4. watyegotlyk

watyegotlyk coder

the thing with this is unfortunately if he's playing online (I don't know if he is)
    he is going to subjected to a lot of swearing bad language and horrible chat etc , I've recently found this out with my daughter , the call of duty series isn't too bad as you can mute players but some other games you can't do this

5. Morrison

Morrison ace

Slightly off subject but you can always mute any other player. Doesn't matter what game it is. Double tap the Xbox button, go to friends, select recent players, find the douche bag and mute them.

6. mimran

mimran leveled up

Destiny. It isn't much of a toxic community. Cod is.

7. XDonny

XDonny l337

Buy him a wii (U), then your certain he'll not be exposed that much. Cause frankly with almost all online multiplayer games he'll hear some things...

but see it like this, by now he'll already know most of the words :p

8. deermoon68

deermoon68 n00b

You are right. The internet is very complex and a 12 year old kid without parental control can get lost in an ocean of bad stuff. Swearing is your least problem.