Welcome to Xbox Talk!

XboxTalk is the premier Xbox One Forum and XBox One News Site
Register Now

The official I've pre-ordered the Xbox One X!

Discussion in 'Xbox One X' started by dascrow, Aug 31, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Lethal_NFS

Lethal_NFS coder

I wish it was for profit. I cancelled my Scorpio edition on Amazon not realizing what I have done. I decided I did not want to wait for shipping and went to Gamestop later and pre-ordered.

2. XDonny

XDonny l337

Wtf! How did they get an extra one! Lolz I'd definitely sell one good profits

3. cornwolf

cornwolf Moderator

So the saga continues for me, still no X for me right now. Amazon are just a bunch of names that I can't say here because it would probably block this post. So the story so far.

There is an article on Eurogamer that advises how many people are effect but Amazon have gone and f'ed up and either a shipment has come in late or what I don't know. I was told my package had been expedited for it to arrive on Wednesday which is yesterday however other agents where telling me Thursday. What do you know the parcel wasn't dispatched until Wednesday and should be arriving today however it hasn't been dispatched yet. So who knows. The most annoying part for me right now is that Amazon have lied to a lot of there customers and it's just not on because if 90% of the customers were been told today (Thursday) and they arrive today then they knew about this all along.

Anyway I am really annoyed as you can tell and angry and I am annoyed with Xbox but I know it isn't there fault. The blessing in all of this is it's just an upgrade, I know some of you will be going JUST, just bla bla bla however if it was 360-One then I would be on full Hulk mode. I will keep you all up to date, the most frustrating thing is it's the Scorpio eidtion and dont want to loose that.

**Update**
    Just had an email from Amazon saying it's on the way.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
  4. XDonny

XDonny l337

Nahhh, I understand it. I don't like getting stuff late, it's frustrating. If you saw the discord chat, you'd see how @TeknoBlast and me were spamming simply because we didn't want to wait... well for me they came late so different story.

If they would've come another day, I'd loosen my poo, flung it at the first carrier, get arrested and do the same in there to get me transfered to psyche ward... do it again to get to a mental institution. Breakout, buy ticket to where my carrier Headquarters is, go to the person in charge of shipping, look him in the eye and say "you dare send my package late. MY PACKAGE?!?! I'm crazy!!! Look... " I'll first show my Psyche Ward AND mental hospital ID to scare him and then fling poo... walk away like a boss

• Like Like x 2
  5. Lethal_NFS

Lethal_NFS coder

I stopped using Amazon to buy consoles after they screwed up my launch PS4 delivery. I specifically pre-ordered the "Launch Day PS4" and I did not get it on launch day. Now I usually just go to Gamestop for my consoles.

6. cornwolf

cornwolf Moderator

Yeah I know I thought because I wasn't in a rush for midnight it would be ok but 2 days after and it's still not in my hands its getting silly now. So quick update we have had an Amazon delivery here at where I work but not Xbox and it's still out for delivery. I presume there are multiple vans so I will have to wait and see what happens as the app hasn't advised me it's delayed or anything however it does state it will be here by 8pm but the business shuts at 5 so who knows. I can feel myself hulking up so I might have to woop so ass soon.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Arnibarani

Arnibarani l337

I don’t use Amazon for preorders i’ve had too many friends being let down by late deliveries, prime members at that! A friend preordered Fifa 18 & it never arrived, marked as delivered on the system. After an investigation it had been delivered to the wrong house. I think with big preorders they take on more than they can handle. The X fiasco proves that!

8. cornwolf

cornwolf Moderator

Yeah well seems like that is the best way going forward because guess what....... I still don't have it. They have 4 hours left to deliver it to my works address and it doesn't look like it will be turning up any time soon.

9. PhallicSymbol

PhallicSymbol leveled up

Did it arrive? I'm hoping your recent silence is because you're playing the crap out of it and not because you've been arrested

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

10. cornwolf

cornwolf Moderator

**Update**

Sorry for keeping you all hanging on the update of my Scorpio well here goes.

Lets start with the good news, I have a Scorpio however not from Amazon and I didn't pay over the odds. Now the longer story.

So my last post you can guess from the comment above that Amazon failed to deliver the parcel. I swear that it was never out for delivery anyway but whatever. I sat and waiting until 5pm even though the office shuts before then on a Friday but they could deliver it (I was car sharing with my wife who works near by so no sweat) It never arrived as you know so at this point I was very angry but also a little upset I just wanted to play my Scorpio.

So on the way home I work near a city centre so went in and though I would try my luck at the shops there knowing in the back of my mind it would be a fail. The first shop Grainger Games was no surprise and they didn't have any so no shock there. Then I walked in to Game, asked the guy behind the counter and I got the answer of ermmmm yes but ermmmmm leave it with me. After a bit of back and forward it turns out that a few people had reserved the console but not gone to collect it so it was mine and a Scorpio edition at that.

That was me happy and then treated to a Wagamamas by my wife topped off the night :) I guess the answer to @PhallicSymbol yes I have been quiet because I have been setting up, playing and tweaking settings on the Scorpio and I am loving it.

Just to finish off this story, I had an email from Amazon logistics telling me they are sorry that my parcel hadn't been delivered and it was unacceptable and it had been escalate and then my case handler emailed me Saturday morning to say sorry it wasn't delivered to Friday and they would try again Monday. On Saturday I rang them after I was a lot calmer and told them to stick it and managed to get £30 compensation and a full refund. I believe they could have done better with the compensation however something it better that nothing and I have a Scorpio.

Moral of the story, don't use Amazon for a preorder of this size, a game is different because if all fails you can get it digitally. In future for hardware releases I will go to a shop to pick it up like I did my Switch :)

11. XDonny

XDonny l337

@cornwolf, in the end a good outcome. Very good indeed. A person was lazy enough not to pick up a Scorpio? And what is the policy of the store? How many days until they have the right to sell it again? Next to that, doesn't the store have a downpayment deal on pre-ordering consoles? My 'local' gamestore has that for large hardware.

The compensation could be a lot better. Even I got a €15 compensation for an item that wasn't there when it was supposed to come, but came a day later xD. You had to say 'emotional damage' and 'fear I'll never trust a store again' :p

Have fun on the box with an X and master chief inside! :p

12. PhallicSymbol

PhallicSymbol leveled up

@cornwolf, glad it all ended well. I ordered through Amazon and i have to admit, i expected my order to get messed up, fortunately everything went smoothly, but the fear was real.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

13. Arnibarani

Arnibarani l337

Game UK give 48hrs to pick up preorders and then they go back on sale. I assume that’s if only a deposit has been paid & not the full amount.

14. oldgamer

oldgamer #hacker

game stop here same policy 48hrs which i think is screwed if you paid full amount

15. Lethal_NFS

Lethal_NFS coder

They do not know who has paid what. It shows how many consoles are pre-ordered and that is it. If you paid it off then you should pick up your system within 2 days of it's release.