Welcome to Xbox Talk!

XboxTalk is the premier Xbox One Forum and XBox One News Site
Register Now

Who should MS work with next?

Discussion in 'Xbox One Chat' started by Alistein, Dec 6, 2017.

1. Alistein

Alistein n00b

In light of Recore where MS worked with Keiji Inafune on developing Recore , I was wondering what dev gamers would like to see MS work or collaborate with on a new title. There is also Kojima working with Sony in bringing death stranding. Also what kind of game would you be willing to see from such collaboration.

I would love to see more Asian themed games like Wuxia done right something along a mixture of Jade Empire and Shenmue. on the developer I would like to see former Team Ninja head Tomonobu Itagaki work with MS to develop an exclusive action adventure game with gameplay and combat as deep as Ninja Gaiden black and NG 2.

2. Arnibarani

Arnibarani l337

Top Poster Of Month

Given what Ninja Theory have done with Hellblade on a shoe string budget.....Xbox should snap them up, Maybe give naughty dog some

• Like Like x 1
  3. cornwolf

cornwolf Moderator

If I am honest Xbox really need to work on there exclusives asap. They have had a few timed ones but when you look at Xbox compared to Sony there is a massive gap that Xbox don't seem to be bothered to fill just now. Don't get me wrong I love Xbox but there is a massive difference, Gears of war and Halo don't really cut the mustard with a lot of gamers because they are very specific games. You have had Recore etc but PS have won the battle with this recently.

4. TeknoBlast

TeknoBlast Super Moderator Staff Member

I really hope that since MS worked really close with PUBG's dev team that it comes a PC/XB exclusive. That's just me though.

5. Alistein

Alistein n00b

I doubt that. Ninja theory has worked on a good many games and with top publishers and have yet to blow up. They did Kung fu Chaos on the original Xbox, Heavenly blade (Sony), DMC (Capcom) and a few others and were not acknowledged last gen besides they are not close with Xbox so I doubt it would be a good idea to snap them.

6. Alistein

Alistein n00b

I agree but I was more looking at things from a broad sense like trying to appeal to a variety rather than just a specific demographic. Games like Ninja Gaiden and rpgs are needed and I don't think MS is interested in contracting a Japanese dev again after Scalebound probably due to their long development cycles so a collaboration is probably the next thing like with Recore.

7. Arnibarani

Arnibarani l337

Top Poster Of Month

I disagree, a small team like ninja theory & other similar outfits that could be taken under Microsoft/Xbox’s wing would do them the power of good with all the resources they have to offer, look at cuphead. PUBG had help from the coalition as a result of working with Microsoft.

Xbox are bringing in a few Japanese games. Black Desert was shown at E3 and another game that escapes me! I guess it’s a case of seeing how well they are received.

8. Alistein

Alistein n00b

Ninja theory were actually a big team before but had to downsize due to loses, the studio has in fact many times been in danger of closure also before Hellblade they were developing a Destiny like game but it was canceled by the publisher at the last minute after Destiny was shown. Moreover most publishers tend to drift away from UK acquisitions due to the socialized economy probably one of the reasons for LionHead closure. NT is a good dev but publishers are looking for devs that can knock it out the park in sales. Consider that Hellblade though profitable has yet to reach a million and had been in development since the beginning of the generation. Cuphead had help but the difference is NT were originally a big triple A studio so they've been there and didn't knock it out the park which makes them more a partnership dev at this time than one to acquire.