Welcome to Xbox Talk!

XboxTalk is the premier Xbox One Forum and XBox One News Site
Register Now

XBOX one Controller Connected but no buttons are working

Discussion in 'Xbox One Hardware and Accessories' started by Jammy, Dec 31, 2013.

1. Jammy

Jammy n00b

Hi,

My xbox one controller has been working fin then suddenly none of the buttons work. I have replaced the batteries with new ones and then reconnected the controller. The controller connects fine its just the buttons have stopped working. I have also now bought another controller and it has the same problem. So I am assuming its something in settings in the xbox one console. As you know its very difficult to move around the system without a controller as not all areas are voice activated. Can somebody help me please.......

Jammy

2. cornwolf

cornwolf Moderator

Is the light on the controller showing its connected? May be try repairing controller using the button on the right of the controller and the side of the Xbox

3. pin8246

pin8246 l337

As Cornwolf said, or do the first thing I do when problem arise and use the reboot procedure on the console to see if that works.

4. Jammy

Jammy n00b

Light is on the controller implying its connected. I have rebooted console and also press the button on the console and the button on the controller numeous times but still the problem exists.......

5. wizmac5678

wizmac5678 n00b

I'm having the same problem no button is working an when I turn off my xbox the controller is still on, and I have the play an charge kit so its connected to the xbox ha.

6. brewcrew

brewcrew n00b

did you guys ever figure this out it is happening to me now

7. I have a similar situation. Only the A button doesn't work. I have 2 controllers. Everything works fine except the A. Same thing on the Xbox smartglass. I have rebooted the console. It turns out fine but after a while the problem returns. Also, when I close the console, the light on it blinks(and the brick is white, not yellow, so no software being pushed)

8. I don't know if this will help someone, but it helped me. The solution to my problem was simply unplugging the wireless keyboard from the Xbox. I have bought a nexus 10 that sits always on the coffee table and from there I will use the Xbox smartglass to write something if I have to.

9. bobmccabe

bobmccabe n00b

Shalimar1012, your solution resolved my issue, cheers!

my A button was working intermittently, when i tried to select something (like a tile on the home screen), the tile blinked as if it had been selected but the corresponding app did not open. disconnecting the wireless keyboard i had attached appears to have resolved my issue.

10. BlackBox

BlackBox ninja

Try seeing if you can update the controller with the USB cable?

11. Dexterity101

Dexterity101 n00b

I had the same problem and taking the batteries out didn't work so I had to do a hard reset by holding down the home button for 10 to 15 seconds and when you turn it back on you have to sync the controller back to xbox1 and then everything should be fine...

12. SHUTUP FROG

SHUTUP FROG n00b

So far, the only solution I have found, is unplugging your Xbox.

13. surferartchick

surferartchick n00b

I know this is an old thread but I got this to work. I had to have the controller attached via USB and then press the repair button.