Welcome to Xbox Talk!

XboxTalk is the premier Xbox One Forum and XBox One News Site
Register Now

Xbox One just an updated PS3?

Discussion in 'Xbox One Chat' started by Jamieking86, Oct 16, 2013.

1. Jamieking86

Jamieking86 pwned

Went to blockbuster other day to pre order cod ghosts for Xbox one. Was talking to the lad behind counter and he basically said all the Xbox one is, is a slightly better version than the ps3, that they use more or less the same CPU and GPU etc. Is this true? I can't see people spending near £500 on a console which is not much better than the ps3?

2. yungmurcie

yungmurcie SEAL

This is false,in fact if xb1 is just a slightly better ps3 then ps4 is just a slightly better ps3. Xb1 and ps4 use gpu's which are almost the same,maybe a small percentage advantage to ps4 as its set up,and i believe that the ps4 cpu is faster but the xb1 cpu is better and faster at more complex calculations ,but hey, xbox one has a better game line-up,it looks better,the controller is waaaaaaaaaaay better,and all the features on xbox one are wayyyyyyyyyyyyy better than ps4,and dont forget that the xbox community kicks ass !!!!!!! I really dont see anything great about the ps4 i just cant come up with anything

3. yungmurcie

yungmurcie SEAL

We've all seen videos or experienced first hand what the xbox one is capable of.the things we get to see now which xb1 is capable of is just the tip of the iceberg and it will only get better and better once they really tap into the consoles true power. I cant even imagine comparing bf4 on xb1 with bf4 on ps3, its just gonna be too much of a difference,this is why xb1 and ps4 are next-gen and not current-gen consoles

4. LavenderGoomz

LavenderGoomz n00b

Xbox One game developers can offload some gaming computation to the cloud, it may not seem that big of a deal now but that is a huge advantage to devs

5. LavenderGoomz

LavenderGoomz n00b

Blockbuster? I thought they went bankrupt? Where did you find a Blockbuster? My local Blockbuster got shut down 7 months ago

6. quown

quown leveled up

Lol getting info from blockbuster for a new game system is like asking some one at a whole foods store what's the best pre workout . They might be in the same industry (health) but have no idea about the other one

7. TeknoBlast

TeknoBlast Super Moderator Staff Member

You'd listen to a Blockbuster guy?

8. StingerNLG

StingerNLG n00b

Somehow I am questioning this thread. I'm sorry, I've seen too many like it on other forums. I hate that forums have made me cynical.

9. snook79

snook79 SEAL

He obviously knows f**k all. That's why he has a job in blockbusters......

10. yungmurcie

yungmurcie SEAL

Xbox one FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. Jamieking86

Jamieking86 pwned

That's exactly what I thought lads. I always Go there for pre ordering my games as its only up the road, but it was first time I've seen this guy, I think he was so far up ps4's ass though to be fair.

Ye blockbuster a bit further away had shut down sometime last year, but for some reason this ones still open lol. I won't put too much money on a pre order though just incase they do close down and I lose out

12. Arnibarani

Arnibarani l337

Did the store assistant look like this? ImageUploadedByXbox One Forums1382015383.822978.jpg

13. yungmurcie

yungmurcie SEAL

Lmao,cletus. Hey mister big tv mayn,looky here!!

14. cornwolf

cornwolf Moderator

I cant begin to tell you how wrong you are. I would need to check the facts but I think the 360 was better than the PS3 anyway spec wise. but the XB1 is not a slightly better spec than the PS3. Clearly the guy you spoke to was a PS fan boy. Regardless of what he was or wasnt slating its so wrong on a business point of view that he is putting people off the PS4 and making him self look like a fool.