Welcome to Xbox Talk!

XboxTalk is the premier Xbox One Forum and XBox One News Site
Register Now

Xbox one power light rapidly blinking issue.

Discussion in 'Xbox One Hardware and Accessories' started by bcClaus2008, Feb 26, 2018.

1. bcClaus2008

bcClaus2008 n00b

The power light on my Xbox One blinks rapidly at random times, it mainly does it while playing a game, however I have noticed it while watching Hulu or Netflix. It’s almost like it’s trying to sync. I have also noticed that when I first start it up, it usually powers on for a few seconds and then makes the power down noise and shuts off. It also seems to be extremely sensitive to touch, if I play my hand on the top vents or the side vent closest to the power button, it shuts off. It doesn’t seem to be overheating. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Here’s a YouTube link to the issue

2. Morrison

Morrison ace

I had that same start up problem, where it powers down right away. Mine was a failing hard drive.

Usually the blinking light is when it’s downloading after you shut it off. Honestly your Xbox sounds like it has multiple issues. I would just go buy a Xbox S or X depending on your budget.

3. bcClaus2008

bcClaus2008 n00b

I’ve seen the light blinking when it’s updating, lately it’s been blinking when it’s on while I’m in the middle of a game. I did take the case off of it and there was a lot of residue on the ribbon and the rf board (I vape quite a bit while gaming so that’s probably where the residue is coming from) I’m wondering if that residue screwed up the rf board.

As far as the hard drive goes, if that’s it, is that something I can replace myself or is the drive soldered into the motherboard? Not that I don’t have the budget for a new Xbox, I’d just rather try and save the money.

4. TeknoBlast

TeknoBlast Super Moderator Staff Member

I havent done it myself, but there's tons of videos on YT that goes step by step on how to replace the internal hard. Not only that, even with a bigger drive.