Welcome to Xbox Talk!

XboxTalk is the premier Xbox One Forum and XBox One News Site
Register Now

Xbox One vs PS4 Graphics - where did the 50% faster GPU go

Discussion in 'Member's YouTube Channel' started by MarcVader, Dec 18, 2015.

1. MarcVader

MarcVader n00b

So Albert Penello was right saying that Xbox One is well balanced and is coded correctly it will offer the same level of graphics as PS 4. We have plenty of 1080p games on Xbox One now both Exclusives as well as multi platform games that proves that. With Dx 12 I can only see that becoming Xbox One even better.

Microsoft's Penello: No way is Xbox One giving up 30% power advantage to PS4 | Examiner.com

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2017
  2. azraelomega

azraelomega SEAL

This article was posted in 2013! Woah back to the future man!

3. MarcVader

MarcVader n00b

I know but it's just to show that Albert Penello was right. I do not see this mythic PS 4's 50% more power. :)

4. XDonny

XDonny l337

Lolz but one thing yu gotta know Marc is that the PS4 has indeed more GPU capabilities due to the way the GPU is configured.
    But on the other side the RAM in ours has more bandwidth which allows for more things to be processed at the same time.

5. Kosh

Kosh leveled up

I believe there was an article recently that said Playstation recently unlocked their 7th core for developers to start using.. whereas, if I recall the article correctly, Microsoft wasn't limiting developers on processing power.

That said, I have both a PS4 and Xbox (had PS4 first).. I like the Xbox much, much more. Seems faster, better to use and overall just more enjoyable.. and I prefer the XB exclusive titles more than the PS ones.

When I first fired up my Xbox and played a few titles I had on PS over on XB1 I felt that the graphics seemed better (maybe it was better lighting, or something.. not sure what but it seemed crisper.. sounds weird right? Haha)

6. Genesis1953

Genesis1953 pwned

I always find it interesting to hear someone that has both do the comparison. You always hear the fanboys putting the other console down no matter which side they fall on. However, when you hear from someone who has both you are more likely to get the real story.

7. Lethal_NFS

Lethal_NFS coder

What titles? Most multi platform titles have a higher resolution on the PS4.

The Xbox One is much better now than it's first year, there is absolutely no denying that. But I think the Xbox One is even slower now due to the UI they released. I am still not a fan of it. Installing games takes way to long still.

I give my XB1 a lot more love now, but for some reason the multi plat games still come up just a tad short when compared to the PS4. But the XB1 does have an edge when speaking about multimedia.

8. Kosh

Kosh leveled up

Destiny, Battlefront, BO3. They all seemed crisper on XB1.

I don't think Xbox One is slow at all either

9. Lethal_NFS

Lethal_NFS coder

Ya thats strange seeing how the PS4 has a higher resolution in all 3 of those games.

10. pin8246

pin8246 l337

Your right on Battlefront and BO3, but Destiny is the same on both after the no Kinect patch went into effect. Its 1080p and 30fps on both.

11. Lethal_NFS

Lethal_NFS coder

Ah, right on. Forgot about the patch. I would love to see more of those patches.

12. pin8246

pin8246 l337

Yea that was right before it came out they did it for parity. Doubt we will ever see games like Battlefield equal across both, but the again we prob won't ever see them run with a constant frame rate on consoles. I'm about to switch over to PC for that title and others that are that intensive.