Welcome to Xbox Talk!

XboxTalk is the premier Xbox One Forum and XBox One News Site
Register Now

Xbox One with a PC Keyboard & Mouse? XIM4 Coming Next Year!

Discussion in 'Xbox One News' started by dgstorm, Dec 26, 2013.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm <span style="font-weight: bold; color: #6F7070">Ed

Some of us old-timers simply have a hard time transitioning from the keyboard & mouse combination on a PC to the controller on a console. To that end, a company called OBsIV has been making a bridge for this particular market. It's called the XIM series of adapters and it basically allows you to use a PC keyboard and mouse as the controller of choice with a console. Its most current model is called the XIM3, and is available for the Xbox 360. Fans of this product will be pleased to know the next-gen XIM4 is in the works, and it is being designed from the ground up to be used with the Xbox One, although it will also be backwards compatible with older consoles.

Their new XIM4 will not be out until sometime in 2014, but it can be seen teased in the video above fully functional on the Xbox One. The next-gen version also sports a new feature which you can see in the video: instead of needing to attach the peripheral to a PC to configure it like the current version, the new version will include a phone app that allows you to adjust the settings on the fly. Sound off if this device has you intrigued.

Source: OBsIV

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2017
  2. 4Nines

4Nines Admin Team Staff Member

Very cool! This accessory will help me lure my PC buddies over to the XB1 now :)

3. BigFattee

BigFattee pwned

i've been watching this for awhile. i will be getting one. i have a hard time with a controller too. i have another version of XIM called XIM Edge. it's an updated version of XIM3. i haven't used it too much and it only works on xbox360 and ps3. it feels very close to pc fps control.on the XIM forums, they say anybody with a XIM edge can use the beta version of the XIM4 thru patch update. they say the beta will be available in approximately 2 weeks. that's when i'm gonna try BF4 and ghosts. can't wait.

4. dascrow

dascrow Admin Team Staff Member

Oh, this will be AWESOME! can't wait.

5. Rambo4747

Rambo4747 n00b

Cool but I am worried this will give an edge against us controller users, although there is always something that makes it harder for controller users to compete

6. pin8246

pin8246 l337

Im thinking this will give them an advantage to. Never used it so really don't know, just looking at the movement and how fast it turns looks much faster than the controller can.

7. Name Lips

Name Lips #hacker

keyboard and mouse will always be faster and more precise than controller, which is why console shooters always have some level of "aim assist" built in by default.

If they hook up k&m to a console, AND have aim assist, it's going to be a little bit unfair. There's a reason the two groups don't share servers.

8. JohnDroid

JohnDroid Admin Team Staff Member

I have a Xim3 and a Xim Edge and they both work great. I'll be getting the Xim4 as soon as it is available. I'm terrible with my thumbs but great with a mouse and keyboard.

9. Xerksies

Xerksies pwned

Would this be able to work with the Home screen or would it be just for games

10. BigFattee

BigFattee pwned

yes, you can work the home screen. keyboard/mouse and xb1 controller will be connected to the xim4 at all times, so you can use the controller at anytime(including a wired headset), but you don't need to since the keyboard/mouse should work.

11. Xerksies

Xerksies pwned

I wonder if i would be able to do things with my DVR. It's the one thing lacking on XB1

12. BigFattee

BigFattee pwned

xim4 will only control peripherals. i.e. it will only do what a controller will do.

13. JohnDroid

JohnDroid Admin Team Staff Member

I'm going to resurrect this thread and see if anyone is using a XIM device with their xbox?

14. qOjOp

qOjOp leveled up

But can we surf the net using keyboard+mouse. I mean doin' right click to copy and paste?
    To copy and to paste... that is the question. :D

15. RealTime

RealTime coder

I don't think it is out yet for anybody.