Welcome to Xbox Talk!

XboxTalk is the premier Xbox One Forum and XBox One News Site
Register Now

Xbox Talk Forum issues & problems threads

Discussion in 'Xbox One Chat' started by dascrow, Aug 30, 2017.

1. dascrow

dascrow Admin Team Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

We are in the middle of a major software conversion and site upgrade. Please let us know if you notice any issues or are having problems with the new site. I'm sure it will take us a few days/weeks to iron out all of the bugs.

2. TH3 0V3RLORD

TH3 0V3RLORD Super Moderator Staff Member

No bugs for me just yet. Running nicely.

3. TeknoBlast

TeknoBlast Super Moderator Staff Member

On mobile, is there anything you guys need to do for it to work on TapaTalk again? On TapaTalk, the site worked flawlessly before the changes.

4. dascrow

Top Poster Of Month

This is still up in the air and we'll do some testing over the next couple of days. Right now we are working to make sure all of the redirects from the old site work correctly and I'm still tweaking the style.

Tapatalk worked well with vBulletin, (which is slowly losing support) but it doesn't work as well with Xenforo. Many of the large forum are starting to end support for tapatalk as they convert to newer software.
    • Tapatalk will not be able to support custom features
    • Tapatalk adds another layer to the website, making it slower.
    • Tapatalk is buggy, with new updates being released all of the time.
    • Tapatalk has had security issues with user accounts and passwords.
    With the new software built from the ground up to work extremely well on mobile devices, I'm just not sure the need is there anymore? It will take some time to get use to the new software, but I think you'll like it after a while. I've been working on vBulletin forums for 15 years and know that software inside and out. It certainly took some time for me to learn the new software (front and back end). I hate change as much as the next guy, but change is a given in the tech industry.

5. XDonny

XDonny l337

The site looks really plane. There's no flavor to it. If I compare it to another mobile site it wouldn't be distinguishable. Is there any way you can bring the green/white background or something towards the site's appeal.
    For instance on the outsides of of chat boxes or posts or something? Other than that, Tekno already showed me how to access latest posts and stuff (I was used to the app's 'unread' as opposed to the/this site's 'active topics'), but it might be confusing for long time app users

6. dascrow

Top Poster Of Month

Sure, I can work on that. I've already ditched the white background and now using a gray pattern.

[​IMG]

7. XDonny

XDonny l337

Thank you kind sir. Thats already better, lolz I don't really like the color white. I suppose black would be best, but I know others won't like that one :p

Isn't there a way that ppl can customize towards their liking. At least the layout?

8. dascrow

Top Poster Of Month

Yeah, it's hard to please everyone, but we aim to please!

We might be able to add a dark style after we finish this one up.

9. dascrow

Top Poster Of Month

Also, you might want to try a hard refresh every now and then. I'm updating certain images and your browser could have old images cached.

10. XDonny

XDonny l337

Thanks for the tip. I usually do that when on sites

[EDIT] NOOOOEH this format doesn't support emojies?! Another point that I like to see again xD

11. dascrow

Top Poster Of Month

I'm in the process of adding a ton of emojis.. :emoji_alien: :emoji_dark_sunglasses: :emoji_anguished::emoji_angry::emoji_confounded::emoji_call_me:

12. XDonny

XDonny l337

Yey, let the colorful faces make an appearance ;D as long as I like they, you'll not hear me about emoji support!

13. RealTime

RealTime coder

Any way we can get the one tap go to first unread icon back without having to into the thread first? That is super helpful.

14. JohnDroid

JohnDroid Admin Team Staff Member

I like the grey background now, just a solid grey. Perfect.

15. dascrow

Top Poster Of Month

Let me look into this. Are you trying to do this from the "Active Topics" link?